In case I haven't mentioned this before, I have an awesome husband. My friends have awesome hubbies, too. And do you know what all of our husbands did secretly behind our backs? They bought their sweet wives tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert. Well done, boys. Well done.
The lovely ladies I got to spend the day with. Rachel, Erin, and Megan. And yes, we did have fun.
See?
A picture of us all together after we had been completely soaked by rain and then immediately baked in the 3-digit temperatures (the humidity just about killed us). We didn't have smoke-free air for about 3 hours and I witnessed a 16 year-old throwing up all her beer on herself and her friends in the bathroom, screaming that she was going to get in so much trouble with her parents. It was a fabulous reminder as to why drinking isn't all it's cracked up to be.
But you know what? All that was totally worth it to see this:
(except with an actual good view instead of my cheap camera's)
Jay, one of the members of Rascal Flatts, said it best: "This is the kind of heat that makes the thankful I know Jesus." They were fabulous performers and it was so much fun to sing along when I knew the words. The whole night was a blast as we listened to all the music and had girl talk in between. So thank you Ben, Jaxon, Caleb, and Travis for being such stellar hubbies! We owe y'all a rocking guys' night out.
"Bless The Broken Road"
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
[Chorus:]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
[Chorus]
Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
[Chorus:]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
[Chorus]
Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.
6 comments:
Yay for us to have such cool hubbies!! It was a blast!!
Glad you had such a great time!
WAAAAHOOOO! YES! Let's do it again! MAybe in the spring or the fall next time? Or perhaps the air conditioned RBC center? Definitely with the same girlies!
I am jealous, looks like fun
How sweet of your husbands! I love them too, and that is my fave song.
Wow. I need to see you more often! I didn't even recognize you in the second picture. I thought you were taking a picture of your friends. Then, I saw you without your glasses in the next pic and realized it was you in the previous picture. Sheesh. I feel dumb.
Post a Comment