Goodness gracious. I feel like our lives (and a good portion of this blog) have just been a roller coaster of blah for the last while (thank you Curious George for teaching me to speak so eloquently. Ah, PBS, you never let us down!)
So despite the hives (which Skyler still has by the way), the hospital visits, the strep, the infections, the fevers, and the time that Skyler thought he had somehow misplaced his ball in my bra, things are actually looking quite a bit better.
I have a "gift." And no, I'm not talking about how I break plastic accidentally all the time. Or how I accidentally shaved off 4 inches of a chunk of my hair when I was shaving my legs in the shower today. Don't ask. I'm just great at jinxing myself. When Ben's parents were here I said the dumbest words ever: "I just feel like we've been so blessed that I'm just waiting for life to get rough again." HAAAAAHAAAAHaHaha... ha....ha... hmmm...... yeah.... that was dumb.
But life goes on and I started doing something new. I'm keeping a gratitude journal. Yep, you've probably done one, too, at some point in your life. But instead of just thinking about things to be grateful for, every night I pray to know what I have to be thankful for for that particular day, and it's clear that the Lord really does shower down blessings that come in the form of tender mercies. Oh how thankful I am not to be abandoned in these trying times! So tomorrow when I (more likely than not) break the mayo jar again, I will just count my blessings that it was plastic and not glass.
And of course there are the little tidbits that make me smile each day. Like last Sunday at church, Lily told me she had to go to the bathroom but once she was sitting on the toilet nothing came. She looked at me with genuine fear and said, "Mommy, my bum is broken!" I assured her that her bum was fine and we switched places on the potty. She held onto my knees and said, "Don't worry. I've got you." It's nice to know I've got a daughter who doesn't want me to fall into the toilet. And it doesn't get much better than that.
P.S. I just realized that within these few paragraphs I talked about experiences with my bra, shower, and going to the bathroom. Maybe this post should be rated PG-13.
5 comments:
I have been thinking about starting a gratitude journal! I would like to focus on the positive things more.
Ummm...was that a chunk of hair or chunk of skin? Cuz, I don't want to know where a 4 inch chunk of hair would come from if you're shaving by your legs ;) Please tell me you meant skin! I love that someone like Lily will protect you from falling in the toilet. With how accident prone we girls are, we need that extra protection from our kids :)
Nope. Hair from my head. I look fabulous. I may look into joining one of the beauty schools around here.
My brothers practically never check my blog. But one time, one of them did and it happened to be a post where I mentioned my boobies. He has since sworn never to read my blog again. :) He would definitely have appreciated a PG-13 rating for the title so he could have steered clear. :)
I love you, Foob!
Post a Comment