Hibernating with his winter supply hidden in his cheeks.
But now I see that my mom and all those other child-rearing veterans were right. Lily and Skyler are BFF's now. On any given day you can find them in the kitchen rolling a ball to each other. Or hiding in the kitchen cabinets from dinosaurs. Or playing tag in the castle upstairs.
One of the best times to see their bond is when they wake up from their naps. If one of them wakes up before the other, they're absolutely miserable. I mean, I thought I was cool, but apparently I'm not that cool. The entire time they're alone with me they're basically just asking me if they can go ahead and wake up the other.
But most of the time they wake up together. I mean, they don't even share a room. How does that work? I would say it's some Irish twin connection, but that would really be pushing it. It has more to do with the fact that they bang on the wall that they share and yell, "Are you awake?!" until the other one responds.
And do I go up and get them right away? Nope. Because even though they can't see each other and they have to yell through the wall, they still manage to play "Monsters and Dinosaurs" from different rooms. One will yell "ROAR!!!" and then I'll hear, "Oh no! We need to hide!" followed by the sound of both of their closet doors banging. This goes on for about a half hour until they start pounding on their doors and asking me if they can move their game into the castle.
You just can't make this stuff up.
So since I've seen how close Lily and Skyler are, I kind of/sort of want to have possible baby #4 13 months after baby #3 so that we can do this all over again. But then reality hits me and I realize that's probably not the best plan.
So I'll just be thankful for my Irish Twins that I already have.
And I know that this is kind of a topic I talk about a lot.
But I kind of love them a lot.
So it's kind of only fair to gush about them a lot.
Even when they switch their wording from, "Oh no! The Monsters/Dinosaurs are coming!" to "Oh no! Mommy's coming!"

3 comments:
I'm right there with you, all five of my kids under seven years old and I wouldn't change it! Don't get me wrong...it is HARD. but they are all best friends and play so well. and I think it really is only super hard the frist few years. Denver is getting older and I see how it gets easier as they get bigger!
"United against a common enemy."....MOM!! :) It is great, isn't it.
It's been awhile since I've been into your blog...I've missed so much! First, congratulations on your pregnancy!!! How wonderful that you'll have another sweet little one added to your family!
I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!
Post a Comment