I wasn't lying when I told you people that I show early. This is me today at 10 weeks 6 days.
Photo courtesy of Ben and my phone, NOT my MIA camera.
So pregnancy started out rough. The norm for me is having sickness throughout my entire first trimester. Well, I think I had a concentrated dose of all the sickness in the beginning and then it went away after just 3 weeks. But those 3 weeks were completely un-fun. The idea of eating anything was basically an invitation to get to know my toilet up close and personal. As usual my weight gain has gone backwards instead of forward because of it. But don't worry, that just means I get to eat way more Carolina BBQ or whatever else I'm craving in my 3rd trimester. It all works out just fine and I'm sure I'll pop out my typical 8 pounder.
Also typical is my sleepiness. Asking me to stay up until 10:30 is the equivalent of asking me to pull an all-nighter. Even if I've had a nap. And rested on the couch all day. And pretended falling asleep for my kids after they've tucked me in with their blankies and a song while they run up to the castle for some mischief.
Ahh.... pregnancy. I only have two complaints so far: the pinched nerves that make me collapse out of nowhere, and the fact that I've had to give up my daily gummy vitamins for prenatals. But sometimes sacrifice is needed. And if I'm going to be honest, there are some days when I skip the prenatal and pop a couple of gummy vitamins instead. I'm sure the baby loves it. And it's all about what the baby wants, right?

8 comments:
Did you know they have prenatal gummies? I take them because my gag reflex has been so sensitive that I can't choke down anything bigger than a Tylenol.
http://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-Prenatal-Gummy-Vitamins-90-Count/dp/B003IP8BC8
You'll have to take iron separately though.
~Meghan
You're adorable! I am glad you are not sick the whole first trimester. I am happy for you.
Are you sure you aren't expecting twins? That's pretty big there little sis. I grew much faster with the twins, and thought I was growing faster because my body had stretched out from the previous pregnancies...until I had my shocking ultrasound. ;)
you are so funny! I like the gummy ones and I stick out early too! You look great!
You look so great Heather!!
congrats girl! Excited another wonderful baby is coming to your family!
THIS IS YOUR MOTHER SPEAKING: Be a big girl and give up the gummies and take your prenatals everyday or you might end up licking Ben's shirt!
Good thing Ben doesn't have his old job. Although I do agree with Mom. Give your baby all those good vitamins and minerals little mama. :)
Post a Comment