This is a picture of Skyler. Not leg hair. You're welcome.
It started a couple of Sundays ago. I was listening to Sacrament Meeting and Skyler was sitting at my feet with a couple of his IKEA trains. He usually just choo-choo's them around in a circle but on that day my legs became the train tracks. They went up and down, up and down, over and over again. Then, Skyler put his hand on my bare leg and started going up and down. He pulled his hand away, stared at it in horror, and said, "Owww! Owww! Owwwwwwwww!" For the record, I had shaved. On Saturday. So sue me for having day old leg hair.
My pride was broken for about a day and then I figured that I shouldn't be offended by a 2.5 year-old.
But then Lily had her turn.
Ben was sitting on the couch with her one morning this week before I got out of bed. She was rubbing her hand across a furry stuffed animal. Ben asked her, "Is that so soft?" And she said, "Yep. Just like Mommy."
Umm... Hello!!! Have they never even met their father? Have they never noticed that the amount of hair he has is about 50x the amount I have? Have they never noticed that he can grow a full beard in about 5 minutes? Have they never seen the irony in the fact that Ben can make a perfect Wookie impersonation?
If I get one more hair joke aimed in my direction you'll be able to find me at the Social Security Office. I'll be officially changing my name from Heather Faith Macbeth to The Sandpaper Beast. Groupon certificates to get laser hair removal are always accepted.
6 comments:
This totally made me laugh! Your blog posts kill me. The funny thing is I never knew you were so funny when I actually hung out with you years ago! Guess I didn't get to know you well enough :/
Laughing!
i will go with you to the laser hair removal clinic!
Who the heck shaves on Sunday? I mean REALLY? Especially when you have 9 AM church, and have to get kids ready too because the hubby doesn't know how to do "girl hair" or how to tie a proper bow on a dress? Heck, you're just lucky if you get your hair and make-up done seconds before you leave the house!
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Hairy-Woman
Heather, you are too funny! I just love some of the things kids say. Oww! Owww! Hilarious!! But don't worry, Ben has it waaaay better than Matt. I only shave if I have to. It sucks the life out of me.
Post a Comment