Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 5 - Our Big 5th Anniversary

This post is written to my wonderful wife.

My dearest wife,

I have been thinking a lot about us lately.  It seems like it was just yesterday that we were sitting excitedly in the Salt Lake Temple waiting for for our chance to be sealed for all time and eternity.  I remember looking at you and wondering what our lives would bring into the world.  How many children would we have? What influence would we have on our family and friends? What would we do for Lord to help establish his kingdom?  Where would we end up? What would our lives become?

During the past five years I feel like we have only started to see what is in store for us and I am humbled to know that I have been given the opportunity to share my life with you.

As I have gotten to know you better, I have learned so much about life and how to let the Lord guide me through my struggles.  I know that there have been times when we both have been fit to be tied and I have watched you turn to the Lord for guidance time after time.  Every time you have come out stronger and with deeper faith and a stronger testimony.  I am grateful to have a wife who is so willing to turn to the Lord.

I have also learned the meaning of true love.  Through all of our hardships I have know that you are there supporting me even when it has not been easy.  I really feel like I have my best friend with me all the time.  I know that I can rely on you for anything.  Having kids hasn't easy, especially with how young you are, but no matter what may happen or how frustrated you may get with me or the kids I know that you love us more than anything.  I have seen you go into the kids room when they are sleeping and I can hear in my mind, "I will love you forever and forever my babies you'll be." 

You have taught me to live in the moment and not take for granted the smallest detail.  Yes we have our plans for the future and I hope that we can get to them, but what would life be like with out the little day to day miracles.  for me life has become a pearl necklace. A single pearl on it own is of no great worth and can easily be overlook.  Every once in a while you may find a perfect pearl, but that is rare. It isn't until you put the pearls together that you have something of great worth.  Our life together has been very similar to this.  We had our wedding, two children, I got my first job, and we bought a house.  Those are the perfect pearls, but we also have so many other memories that are so easily over looked.  I remember going strawberry picking, going for walks in Rexburg, the hole in the couch, cutting the couch in half, the neighbors dog and the frozen fish, the "stream", a kiss here and a kiss there, a melted ice cream cone, Lily sucking my pinkie, the mountains, Myrtle Beach, passing out in Wal-mart, our first kiss as an eternal family.  Put all of those things and many more together and you have US.  Something of great worth not just to us, but to our children, our families, our friends, and to the Lord.  I wouldn't want to change that for anything.

Heather,  I love you more than anything.  You truly are the center of my life and I would have it no other way.  you are the best thing that could have happened to me and I want you to know that.  Every day that pass I thank God that he gave me you with all of you.  What else do I need other than you and the Lord?

Thank you for being my best friend.  Thank you for your patience and love and God bless you for sacrificing so much for me and our family. 

Your Hubby

3 comments:

Karen said...

Nicely put Ben!!

David & Brenda said...

Well, that certainly brought tears to my eyes. Happy 5th anniversary, Benjamin and Heather!

Liz Wilcken said...

Awwwww... What a cute couple! I remember meeting Ben for the first time, and I was happy with him. I figured you two could make a cute couple. I still am happy with Ben too ;)