Skyler: I'm Chris!
Lily: And I'm Markin! (Martin)
Together: And we're the Kratt brothers!
Skyler: Today we're going to learn all about ________!*
*Lizards, grass, dragons, birds, and clouds are all examples I've heard. Even though I'm pretty sure that on the real show they only talk about animals. But I'm also pretty sure I prefer Lily and Skyler's show more.
The other day I was sweeping the kitchen floor (which connects with the bathroom's) and was getting ready to mop. So I went into the bathroom to put up the kid's potty seat and stool. Something you should know is that we send our kids to that bathroom for time out because the door muffles the sounds of their crying/screaming/weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. As I put up the stool, I found this paper with a green colored pencil stashed inconspicuously inside it. Since Skyler can only write a small handful of letters, I immediately knew that this was Lily's brilliant plan. Even though we have been overly strict about any
Oh Lily and Skyler. I wish it was possible for you to know right now just how much I love you. But I know that you won't understand it until you're a parent yourself. Even though there are so many moments each day that make me want to run for my life while waving a white flag, I completely adore you. Lily, I love how you pray for the baby in every prayer and always ask for her to sleep well in my tummy. Skyler, I love how you call her Lulu even though you know that's not her name. You two are going to be such great older siblings.

3 comments:
The Kratts are still around? When I was a kid, they had a show called Kratt's Kreatures (Not sure if creatures was spelled with a K or not.)
Love your blog, always gets me excited for the ups and downs of parenthood...in due time of course ;]
Our kids love the Kratts too. Rose will often tell people that Blankie can turn into a cheetah, and that's how blankie beats her at every bike race. Yeah...even at 5 her imagination is still going wild!
Oh, what a feel-good post!! I just want to wrap my arms around those two and squeeze until they squeak!
Post a Comment