Before I took this picture I shoved away a bunch of clutter so that it would look like I actually kept a tidy house.
EDIT: When Ben saw this picture the first thing he said was, "Whoa. Our house looks so clean."
Yes, the clock does say 12:05. Yes, my kids are still in their jammies.
I held the camera until my arms were aching so I could get this shot. That's how long I had to wait.
The pictures that we tend to show each other are always ones that are happy. But life isn't always happy, so I kind of wonder if I don't do a great job at recording life accurately.
For example, this morning, as all 3 of my kids cried/screamed in unison, I felt like I was the nurse in charge of triage. Who the heck am I supposed to run to first? Is Skyler actually upset or is he just crying wolf as usual? Is Ella just being affected by her deafening siblings? Is Lily hurt?
What. Do. I. Do?
Little did I know, that their little rambunctious spirits would live on through the day. By lunch time I was already dreaming of putting the kids in bed for the night. Nap time was an acceptable replacement.
But back to the pictures. They're happy pictures. They're proof that at some point, I thought, "I have to capture this moment. I may not get this again. This makes me happy."
I probably won't ever post pictures of me gagging at the sight of our compost bin, or of Skyler's grumpiness when Lily's woken him up from his nap, or of Ella's clothes after she has a diaper blowout. Because, really, what's the point of that?
When my kids are grown, I'm going to let them look at all the pictures on the blog and let them adore their cute little selves. They can laugh over all the funny things they say and feel proud when they read of their own achievements.
And me? Oh, I'll just be waiting...
Because someday, they're going to have their own kids. And then, they will have to run their own triage, too.
*covers evil grin*
1 comment:
You've got it figured out, Heather! Three cheers for you!!!
Post a Comment