It's funny how all day long I think to myself, My kids are going to kill me. And then when I see pictures of them that capture their happy childlike perfection, I'm like, Oh my gosh! Those precious little angels!
It's a good thing kids do some pretty cute stuff to make up for their pretty un-cute stuff.
Here are some cute things that make me smile.
We don't have a fenced in back yard, but Lily and Skyler are old enough to know where they're allowed to play. So I let them go out and only close the screen door so that I can keep an eye and an ear out for them at all times while I'm busy in the kitchen. We found that Ella can be entertained for a LONG time if we simply pull her high chair up to the window so that she can watch Lily and Skyler play. And sometimes, Lily will come to the window and play with Ella like this.
(Lily's pretending to be the Easter Bunny)
With every child, most especially Lily and Ella, people have told me that I have given birth to a Cabbage Patch doll. I don't think it's that big of a stretch to be honest.
I've recently learned that if I don't comb Ella's hair after her bath and let it drip dry, she ends up with these curls naturally. There is zero product in her hair. I'm pretty sure the only people who have such awesome hair naturally are the elves from Lord of the Rings and they're fictional so...... And how sad is it that I had to start using conditioner in her hair a few months ago? I mean, seriously. She's 8 months-old for crying out loud!
*And yes. Ella is that chubby.*
We played the Candy Game again for General Conference this weekend and it worked like a charm just like last time. Honestly, the kids have been asking about playing this game since October and they even remember the words that went with the candy. So when we told them that it was finally time for General Conference again, they were actually thrilled. I can't say that I felt the same when I was a kid... or a teenager.... *ahem*.... anyway..... so I don't think that a little candy does any harm. I think this tradition is going to stick. And it also clarifies things for them since they're so young. For example, one of our words was "Jesus Christ." The kids learned that "Lord," "Savior," and "Son" were all different names for Christ and that they could get candy whenever they heard them. It was the same with "President Monson/Prophet." They learned that if they heard another prophet's name (i.e. Joseph Smith) they could get a candy for it. Another one of our words was "Scriptures" and they learned that "Bible," "Book of Mormon," and other books of scripture within the Book of Mormon (that they recognized) counted. It isn't all that surprising to see what wheels you can turn in a 3 and 4 year-old's brains when unlimited candy is at stake.
5 comments:
Love, love, love this posts...and that includes the pictures!!!
You are a clever, clever girl!! We were watching the feed on the laptop in the kitchen since we canceled our cable package with KBYU on it. Andrew, Lauren and her boyfriend, Carlos were huddled over something on the table when I came downstairs. When I got closer, I realized they were all taking notes on the speaker as fast as they could write. I started to "bother" them when I made breakfast, so I could only work during the songs! It's an interesting stage of my life! Love it!
I seriously cannot get over all that hair! She is such a cutie pie! :)
Go buy some Fructis Garnier curling cream for Ella's hair. Just work in a tiny bit while her hair is still damp, and wrap around your finger. She won't have stiff curls either. They'll be bouncy and more defined. Plus the cream only costs like $3, and it'll be worth it for those cute curls! (And her hair will smell AMAZING!)
What a great conference idea! I'm going to steal this when Miranda gets a little older. Candy is a great motivator for anybody!
Post a Comment