Sunday pretend sleepover.
This is what happens when I've got a horrible cold and pink eye and the doctor tells me I have to be quarantined to my room for 24 hours. Honestly, I think Ben did a fantastic job. They're smiling. They survived the 2 hours of stake conference. And Ben managed to help Ella get her teeth through her gums. She officially has 6 teeth now. Woot!
My life is full of Heather Moments. I actually just had one as I was writing this blog post in which our sofa ate up my memory card. Sofa -1, Heather - 0. Here are some interesting moments we've had recently as a family.
That moment when your son thinks that a glue stick is actually chapstick and is suddenly quiet for the rest of the day..... Okay. I wish. The reality was that he put it on and sort of ate some. Yeah. Now's not a good time to mention that he turns 4 in a couple of months.
That moment when you are trying to put on your sweater shrug and get frustrated because, for the first time ever, you've shrunk a piece of clothing. But wait! Frugal you thinks, Hey, maybe my 4 year-old daughter could wear it instead! So you pull it off your arm where you're starting to lose circulation and eyeball it for size. And that's when you notice the 3T written on the tag.
My kids have never eaten fish sticks before. So one night when I was in a hurry I made them for dinner. The kids looked down at their plates with worry and said things like, "Those don't look very good." I pulled the mom card and said, "Well actually you've never had them so you don't know what they taste like." Lily nervously takes a bite. "Mmmm!!! Hush puppies are so good, Mom!" I was taken by surprise but I said, "Yep! Eat your hush puppies, guys!" And they did. Boom.
(Note: I hate fish sticks. I didn't serve myself any that night and instead ate dinner after the kids were in bed. Yes, motherhood hypocrisy at its finest.)
Now excuse me while I go discipline my children. They just managed to completely remove the blinds from one of their windows. Only my children...
6 comments:
I love your writing, Heather! You are so funny! I really hope you feel better soon. You must be miserable right now!
Had a good laugh! Thanks!
Glad to read that you are human ;)
Nice! And we call them "Saturday Slaves" at our house... Love ya!
I love you Heather! Especially that story about the sweater!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that any mother who doesn't have days like that has been possessed by aliens. . .Oh, wait! There isn't a mother alive who doesn't have days like that. Some of us are just more willing to own up to them! (:
Post a Comment