Sunday, April 14, 2013

Kiddles and Giggles


Miss Ella loves being upside down.  Why is it that our two girls love rough/crazy playtime with Daddy when our boy can't even handle being thrown in the air?  Weird, right?


I think this picture sums up our personalities pretty well.
Lily: "Let me show you one of my many purses while I wear my Cinderella skirt sideways."
Skyler:  "Let me give you the most random face ever while my suit coat is buttoned up wrong."
Today was a big Sunday.  Skyler gave his first talk ever in Primary and he nailed it.  We would have recorded it like we did Lily's, but our stake recently came out and asked that no pictures/videos are taken of any kids in Primary.  Very understandable, but slightly heartbreaking at the same time.  Besides, Lily and Ella were sick and had to stay home with Ben so recording it would have been a challenge anyway.  Skyler talked all about the restoration of the gospel and gave his talk like a champ.  What a little heart breaker.

Oh, and that's 17 week pregnant me.  No side shot but you can see a little roundness around my tummy.  We find out on Wednesday what we're having!


I may be afraid of other things, but I am definitely not afraid of dirt.  (Unless of course it has worms in it.  I have had a life goal since I was tiny to never touch a real worm with my bare hands and have so far been 100% successful).  I have the opinion that kids should have the opportunity to get messy.  I think it's good for them.  Even if I do have to scrub them down outside with the hose and dish detergent just to realize that all the yellow pollen from the patio stuck to their wet feet instead.  Meh.  These things define childhood.



And just for kicks, here's Ella.  She always has a hard time containing her excitement.  She pants like this on a daily basis.  Lily does a perfect impression.

Awkward Moment of the Week
Skyler had to go to the bathroom in the middle of Sacrament Meeting today.  So I took him into the handicapped stall because there were other women in the other stalls.  It was silent, but Skyler doesn't understand the concept of not talking when you're going to the bathroom -- especially in a public place.  He pointed to two plungers that were sitting next to the toilet.  "What are those, Mommy?"  "Oh, you know, those are what you use when the potty breaks."  Then I swear he raises his volume as he laughingly says (in the full yet silent bathroom) "We break the potties at our house ALL the time!!!!"  In my head I was thinking, "BE QUIET!  BE QUIET!"  Oh man.  Kids will embarrass you any chance they get. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! It is almost like they look for opportunities to make us look crazy in public! And our kids are the same way--Leah is our crazy daredevil, while Joshua is much more hesitant of the death-defying moments :)

Liz Wilcken said...

I love you Skyler! Thanks for making your Auntie Lizzie laugh :)

Oh, and Kate saw the picture of Heather pregnant, and said, "That looks like you Mommy!" Either she's so used to seeing me pregnant all the time, or she thinks I'm beautiful like my little sister. I'm hoping it's the latter :)