This picture was taken after we went out to eat at a restaurant to celebrate Ben's new job. We were just arriving there when we discovered that Skyler (the never ending pants changer) was wearing Lily's gray skinny jeans backwards. *Two thumbs up* Skyler's balloon animal is a T-Rex and Lily's is a unicorn.
Friday was a good day. A really good day. Here's why:
1. I found out my heart problem is just a nuisance and not a serious problem.
2. Ella's 9 month checkup went super and she's doing fantastically. Although the doctor said, "Your baby is big. As in she's the size of a 1 year-old. She's not fat." Whatever she is, I love it.
3. Ben's got the promotion we've been waiting for.
I'd like to take a minute and talk about #3. Ben's the type of person who doesn't like to take a step unless he can see the step beyond the one he's about to take, especially when it comes to his career. So a few months ago he had a talk with his manager about where he envisioned Ben going in the company even though Ben loved his job. They talked about a couple of jobs and one really stood out to us. The problem was that it didn't exist yet and it was just a possibility that it would ever exist.
Ben was called a couple of weeks ago by his manager and was told that the job was becoming real and wanted to know if Ben wanted it. As we learned more about the job, we knew that this would be a big step up for Ben and it would open up tons of doors for him in the future. This was it. When we agreed on a salary on Friday we made the deal and today Ben is starting his new job. He's still at Cisco and will still enjoy all the perks of working there.
First of all, can I say how thankful I am to have a husband like Ben? I know we're supposed to be cautious with pride, but I truly am so proud of him. It's hard for us to believe that just three years ago Ben hadn't even started his career and was unemployed. Ben has gone FAR beyond what either of us envisioned at this point. It has been a huge blessing that has made so many things possible for our family.
Second, I just want to say that even with all of Ben's awesomeness, none of this would be possible without two things: tithing and fast offerings. I'm not saying this to put myself out there that, yes, we pay both. I'm saying this because they're the real reason why all these things have happened. I can't even begin to list all the blessings we've been given because of tithing and fast offerings. The list would be forever long. The Lord really is generous with those who obey His commandments and I'm constantly amazed by what the Lord has done to bless us.
I'm also grateful that Ben and I both have parents who taught us not to just give fast offerings, but to give generous fast offerings. They would testify to us about their own experiences, but some things you can't fully understand until you experience them for yourself. I really get it now. I've seen the results for myself. And the more time goes by, the more I realize just how little I'm giving in comparison to what I get in return. It's very humbling.
Lately Ben and I have seen the Lord's hands changing some things in our lives and I'm grateful for the spirit and that we can understand what is happening. How do people live without the gospel?
6 comments:
Congrats! To you and to Ben!
Isn't it amazing how two of the greatest (non-family-related) blessings in your lives have been that Ben was laid-off? Each time has lead to a much better job and much better pay. The Lord certainly does work in mysterious ways His WONDERS to perform. I'm right there with you on tithing and fast offerings - rather than being a burden, they are truly a blessing to us spiritually, and as we are generous with the Lord it seems like we always have sufficient for our needs (and then some).
So excited for Ben and your whole family! And I agree completely about tithes and fast offerings--what a blessing to know that when we are faithful, the Lord is faithful!
Congratulations on your new job! The Lord does take care of his chidren, but in His time!
I'm glad to hear that Heather's heart condition is manageable! Hmmm...something do get better with age! ;)
I love chidren so much! I love their innocent comments and honesty!Your kids definitely have personality!!!! It's good you appreciate that about them.
I love Ella's hair!
you truly have been blessed, it is so good to see that things are going so well for him!
This is awesome!! The Gospel is amazing. I am so happy for you both and your family!
Post a Comment