Halloween started out fun. Ben made the kids orange pancakes before Lily headed off to school. Then I had an appointment with my OB and two of the doctors were dressed up. One was the karate kid and the other was his opponent. It was great! I can only imagine what a surprise it will be for the women who deliver their babies today...
Ben and I almost decided against carving pumpkins this year just because of how it takes a whole evening for Ben and me to do it. But in the end, we decided to surprise the kids. We carved out images of what they were each dressed up as. Lily was Tinkerbell and Skyler was Bumblebee aka a Transformer aka an autobot to those of you who don't have young sons.
I needed a drill to do the fairy dust and Ben's battery was dead. So I got to use his Grandpa's old fashioned drill. It was fun!
Ben made all of our Halloween decorations. We have loved our huge web and spider. The ghosts have been awesome on windy days because they actually look like they're flying. Not too shabby for being made from a bed skirt from Goodwill...
Ben was even dressed up as a storm trooper to take the kiddos trick or treating. I kind of couldn't help buying it for him when some website had all of their Halloween costumes on sale for $10 in April.
I've always called Ella my little pumpkin. And that's just what she was tonight. She sat on the porch with me and waved at everybody who came by for candy. She was in heaven with all the socializing. When she saw the kids (but really just Ben) come back she just about died from excitement.
This year has been different. I purposely bought Halloween candy that I hate so that I'm not tempted to eat any of it (although don't ask me whether or not I have stolen any Reese's or Kit-Kats from the kids...) Never have a baby before the holidays, y'all. You're never going to lose your baby weight.
We hope that everyone had a spooktacular Halloween!
2 comments:
What a fun Halloween! I love the carved pumpkins (the two of you are so creative)and the costumes. Well done!
NOW, she tells me not to have a baby near the holidays.... After I have every single one ON or close to a holiday that serves enormous quantities of food. Ella is just too cute.
Post a Comment