I just had to post a picture of our backyard (okay, really our neighbors' backyard) in the Fall. Our own trees were red for about a day and then turned brown. Ha.
Ella's new favorite thing is wearing my baby carrier like a backpack.
We all know who Ella loves most!
The kids' favorite thing about hardwood floors? They can lie like this and scoot around the kitchen and dining room. They're basically the cutest human mops on the planet.
The other way they like to mop the floor. It's a good thing Ella loves being dragged around.
Thad looks a little weird here, but he is definitely getting cuter by the day. And chubbier too!
It's a good thing I've got cute kids to keep me happy right now. I had to go to the hospital again on Sunday for another allergic reaction to another antibiotic. I feel like I haven't felt normal since before I got pregnant with Thad. Today I'm off to my opthalmologist to discuss my eye surgery. I still have that blind spot in my vision that started back in March. Since it's Thanksgiving time, I just want to say that one of the things I'm most thankful for this year is insurance. I have already accumulated over $30,000 worth of medical bills for just me alone this year! With three trips to the ER, testing on my heart, seeing a cardiologist, being pregnant and delivering at the hospital, getting gestational diabetes and having to get diabetic supplies and seeing a registered dietitian, and then being prescribed a ton of medications since having Thad. Whew! And I haven't even had my eye surgery yet! To say we're pinching pennies right now is an understatement. But when I got back from the hospital and was heavily drugged on benedryl again, the kids made me cards and it brightened up my day. Reading "I luf you Momy" is worth all this craziness.
Even though it could have been taken the wrong way, the one part about my allergic reaction that made me laugh was when Skyler asked what he could bring to church. I told him that we weren't going to be able to make it to church since I needed to go to the hospital. He clapped his hands and said, "Yes! That means Nanni and Papa are coming over!" Gotta love how brutally honest kids are. :)
2 comments:
It's been a long journey, hasn't it? Glad you're okay and getting better. It's nice to see the bond between Benjamin & Ella--something they will cherish over the years. Even now in his mid-sixties, dad calls his daughters "his little sweethearts". And I can't believe we missed the colors when we were back there! Guess we'll have to come again?
Eye surgery?! Ewwww.... I don't envy you there. My poor widdle sister! I wish I lived closer so you could have one more person to help out with the kids/add more noise to your already noisy house. Maybe someday.... <3
Post a Comment