Saturday, March 1, 2014

Family Fun

This past week we've been able to have a lot of fun (excluding the time when I folded everyone's laundry for a few hours).

Last Friday Ben and I decided it was time for Thai.  To put my love for Thai food into words would be nearly impossible.  Maybe replace the words "Romeo" and "Juliet" in Romeo and Juliet with "Thai Food," and you'd get a pretty accurate description of my undying devotion.  I've learned how to make some pretty awesome Thai and Indian (both pretty similar) dishes, but nothing compares to an actual Thai restaurant.  And we hadn't been to one since we lived in Rexburg.  I was in tongue burning paradise.  I think I'm still craving my papaya salad.

Then we went bowling.  Let me just say that Ben and I both took bowling classes in college and went bowling quite a bit when we were first married.  We were both pretty awesome, although Ben was always better.  But it's been years since we've bowled.  Let's just say the 4 and 5 year-old girls who were using bumpers on their lane ended up with the same scores as we did.  I can't remember if we even broke 100.  I'm pretty sure we didn't.

We have some friends down the street who opened up a soda and candy shop called Rocket Fizz.  We went to their grand opening and had a blast!  Skyler got a balloon animal and Lily got her face painted.  Plus a friend from our old ward came by in his Iron Man suit that he made himself.  Every Halloween he makes himself a new costume and this is his most recent one.  The kids thought it was so cool that Iron Man knew their names.

Is this not the best face painting you've ever seen?  I'm still completely impressed.

There were approximately 3,498,734,987 flavors of soda at Rocket Fizz and Ben chose these 6.  I'm not much of a soda person, but I am excited to take a sip of each to see what they taste like and then I'll hand them off to Ben to finish them off.  Bacon soda, anyone?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've really got to plan a vacation out there...

Liz Wilcken said...

How were the soda flavors?