WARNING: Cuteness overload.
This is Thad. He's 5 months old and is trying out rice cereal for the first time. How trusting he is to give me such a sweet smile for something... not so sweet in return.
Don't let his preciousness fool you. He hated it.
My view when he's in my lap. This is why he never ceases to be kissed.
I've had four kids now. I'm not pretending to be a kid expert or anything, but this ain't my first rodeo. Every single one of my kids has absolutely despised rice cereal in the beginning. But I've known quite a few people who say that their babies absolutely gobble the stuff up on their first go. Why is this? Because every time I start feeding my baby real food, it seems more like I'm trying to stuff lava back into an erupting volcano than I am happily pretending to be an airplane.
Hmm.
In other news, we had a pretty huge thing happen to us today: we had a perfect Sunday. I didn't even know those existed. We got to church at the perfect time, sat through all of Sacrament Meeting with only one trip out to go to the bathroom/water fountain, Ella actually enjoyed being in nursery and didn't want to leave the crayons behind, none of the kids felt nap-deprived from having 1:00 church, the weather was perfect and so the kids played on the deck while Ben and I made some pretty scrumptious hamburgers on the grill, we ate outside, and then the kids helped Ben make cookies. And now I'm eating a cookie. I could get used to this.
2 comments:
There's such a thing as a perfect Sunday?!!! I want one! Love Ella's saggy diaper in the last pic :) Makes me smile.
That little Thad is getting to be a heart stealer!
Post a Comment