I'm so grateful to have spent the last (almost) 8 years with Ben. We, for sure, have had our ups and downs, but I'm so grateful for all the downs because they have made us a lot closer. So on the 3rd we celebrated Ben's 31st birthday.
Every birthday Ben has this for breakfast. You put 24 frozen rolls into a bundt pan and put butter, brown sugar, nuts, and some butterscotch pudding on top. Every year, we swear it gets bigger as it rises over night. Ha!
And would it be a suitable day for Ben if bacon wasn't involved in two of the meals? I think not. Later for dinner Ben made his own dutch oven dinner.
For Independence Day we headed to the pool. Lily is officially a swimmer now so that makes it a whole lot less stressful not to have 4 non-swimmers to constantly be watching. We're so proud of all the work she has done to become an independent swimmer. Her interest in swimming came in an unexpected way. When life guards came up with a new rule that you couldn't catch your kids at the bottom of the water slide, Lily was devastated. So we told her the only way she'd be allowed to go down again was if she learned to swim. That day alone she made huge progress. Add to that her swim lessons and it did the trick. She can jump off a diving board into the deep end and swim to the side on her own. We're so proud of her!
We went home for much needed naps and we had a delicious grilled dinner with my parents. They brought some small fireworks and I was devastated to realize that my kids are still deathly afraid of fireworks. Lucky for them, we had several neighbors in all directions of our neighborhood doing huge illegal fireworks. It was a great show to watch.... once the kids were in bed.
Thaddeo and I on the plasma car.
I bought the kids pinwheels for the 4th, and Ella was just too precious not to make a video of.

1 comment:
Love the videos!
Post a Comment