Sunday, July 20, 2014

Goo Goo Dolls

Earlier in the year, Ben and I decided that we would each choose a concert to go to this summer.  I mean, when you can get great deals on Groupon, why not?  On my birthday, Goo Goo Dolls were performing in Raleigh so I knew we had to go.  Ben used to LOVE Goo Goo Dolls and so it didn't take that much convincing to let me buy the tickets for him.  So we got a babysitter and spent the night watching Plain White T's, Daughtry, and Goo Goo Dolls.  

Now, I'll be honest, this is not a concert I would have ever chosen to go to by myself.  I'm not much of a rock person.  But I'm so glad we went because Ben had such a great time and -- get this -- this was his first ever concert.  Whaaaatt?!!  He sang along while I looked like a deer in headlights.  Ha!  I knew Iris so that's got to count for something, right?



The next morning we had our hearing back so I'd say it was a success!

Next month Ben will get his turn to stand awkwardly next to me as I'm rocking out to the One Republic concert.  

No comments: