Saturday, July 12, 2014

Summer Festivities

Summer is my favorite season because, to me, it's the season of playing.

We've been crossing more and more things off our summer bucket list but mostly we're just doing the typical play outside, water the plants, watch a movie, etc.  Here are some of the things we've been doing.

 My kids are obsessed with all things camouflaged.  They even have a game where they hide a few different colored items around a room so that they're camouflaged and then they have the other person find them.  So while I was watering outside the other day I came across this little bug that looked like a leaf.  It had the veins and everything.

 Remember that jello play dough fad that hit a few years ago?  One day we decided to give it a try.  We had a fantastic day of playing with play dough.  I made a rose and Lily and Skyler made Olafs.  We stuffed it in a ziplock to play with again another day when *wabam* it was covered in mold.  Two thumbs down for jello play dough.  

 Thad is my first to love baby swings!  He dies of laughter whenever he's in one.  I'm not sure what this baby doesn't like at this point...

He's mine.  :)



 Lily got a really cool water balloon maker thingy for her birthday and so I thought we'd do a chalk shape bean bag toss kind of a thing.  [Please note that I actually do know how to speak English.]

Well it turned out that we had some seriously tough water balloons because they were just bouncing away like balls.  It took serious effort.  



Grandmum and Pop Pop gave the kids a bubble gun for their birthday.  It has produced all sorts of fun and games.




 We discovered pretty quickly that the bubbles sit on the grass without popping for a while.  The kids loved running through it all.


And Ella has learned how to gently swing herself on the horsey swing!  Happy day!  I think she figured it out because she has recently become proficient on my parents' wooden rocking horse.  She's now obsessed.  I see an dangerous pattern here:
1. Rocking horse.  2.  Horsey swing.  3.  Horse.

Sorry Ella!  Happy birthday in a few days anyway!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Love all of the pics! Can't wait to come play with y'all!

Liz Wilcken said...

Is that a playdoh crown Lily has? Awesome rose Feb. You've got quite the talent there. Guess at the next ward talent show you can brag about your Jello playdoh roses :)