This morning I told Ben I was thinking about taking the kids to the lake to walk around. I pulled up the weather on the computer and it looked like there was a chance of rain. I was bummed. Literally 60 seconds later it started pouring. So we ran outside to play.
A weird fusion of Lily and Skyler's faces while they're both in the air.
"Smile, Skyler!"
You know, our house is seriously loud sometimes -- to the point where Ben and I can become really impatient. Noise breaks us down faster than anything else. But today was a reminder of how wonderful it really is to have all of our kids to close together in age. Having 4 pregnancies in 5 years was truly hard but also completely worth it. We knew from the beginning that it would be an investment and that it didn't make financial sense -- or really any other kind of sense -- but we knew our kids would be close and we thought that was the most important thing. My kids love to play with friends, but at the end of the day they really are each others' best friends and spend the night giggling in their rooms when they should be sleeping. Where one goes, the others follow. When one gets a special treat or a trip somewhere they're sad that their siblings don't get the same treatment. Our life at home really is crazy, but it also really is beautiful. Your siblings will be your longest friends and I'm grateful my kids are off to a great start. Even if that means my house is deafeningly loud.
1 comment:
I want to jump into the pictures and play with you all! I'm so glad that they're such good friends. Love them all to pieces!
Post a Comment