Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ella Time

With Lily and Skyler both at school all day, I thought I would get a lot more done -- meaning more cleaning and more work in general.  Instead, I've found that I do get a lot more non-work stuff done.  A lot more cuddling to be specific.  My house is still a mess, but Ella and I get tons of glorious snuggles.  I'm mostly giving myself the week off of my non-urgent chores so that I can soak this up.  Because this yumminess won't last forever and I've got to take advantage of it while I can.

 Yesterday while Thad was taking his morning nap, I brought Ella into the bathroom with me to "help" me do my hair and makeup.  She stole my makeup in the process and put on blush and eyeliner when I wasn't looking.  Who wore it better?  ;)

The first morning of school was a little rough on Ella.  She didn't understand why she was alone.  She kept asking, "Where Guyer?  Where Iwwy?"  But I'm happy to say that she has perked up since then and has realized that she has all the time in the world to play with the most coveted toys in the house -- especially the plasma car. 

When Ben gave Lily and Skyler father's blessings before school started, Ella climbed up on the chair when they were done and demanded to have a blessing of her own.  Ben and I thought that was absolutely precious so we went along with it.  It turned out to be the most beautiful blessing of the three and Ben and I both got really teary.  The one thing I don't want to forget was that Ben could see Ella playing with angel children while Lily and Skyler were at school so that she wouldn't be lonely.

I am really excited for this year.  It's funny because if you would have asked me 5 years ago how I felt about having two babies at home I would have told you how tough it is and how crazy life is.  But now that I only have two babies at home, it's such a breeze!  Ha!  

2 comments:

David & Brenda said...

Give that sweetheart a hug from us...and let her call us sometime as a perk when her older siblings aren't home (when we're all awake at the same time, of course) :)

Mary Ann said...

I respectfully request a video of her on the plasma car. :D