Sunday, July 12, 2015

Ella the Starfish

I am fully aware that I don't look great in this picture, but you don't get to choose when your child falls asleep on you.  Ella is terrified of thunderstorms and when one hit after she was in bed she made her way downstairs with her "ee-lee" (blankie) and climbed into my lap shaking.  The storm didn't finish until around 10 PM (3 hours past her bedtime) and she was out like a light.  The maneuvering I had to do to get out of a reclined position while keeping her asleep was hysterical.

Ella doesn't like to be called by her name often.  For a while she's been going through phases where she likes to be called something else that she wants to be.  At first we could only call her "Ballerina."  Then after becoming addicted to Jake and the Neverland Pirates she would only let us call her "Pirate Ella."  Then she went through a phase where she would lie down in the shallowest part of the pool and stretch out her arms and legs and would make us call her "Starfish."  Now she's back to being a ballerina.  Although every now and then she will let me call her Gabriella and she doesn't say "Ugly Ella" anymore!  She says, "Gabbwy-ella!"  Now if I could only get her to stop calling me "Header"....


No comments: