Heather and I joke quote often about how we have a month of birthdays and sadly it is a lie. Our anniversary starts it on the 21st of June followed by Lily's, Mine, Heather's, Ella's, and ending with Skyler's on the 30th of July. I would lie if I said it wasn't fun, but at the same time it can be over whelming for Heather and me. Our primary focus is to make the kids birthdays as special as possible which sometimes means that our birthdays are kind of forgotten because we need the break.
This year was definitely not that way. For my birthday, I was a scout camp. We had a great time helping our scouts, but it wasn't exactly how I would choose to spend my birthday. Thankfully I was able to call and talk to Heather and the kids for about 40 minutes.
Heather's birthday started out great. She had a great breakfast and then thing started to go crazy! Ella hasn't been feeling well so Heather took her into the doctor to find out that she had virus. As the day progressed thing just kept on getting crazier and crazier. By dinner time Heather and I decided that we definitely needed to celebrate our birthday together on another day.
So Heather and I have decided to celebrate our birthday's by going to a 3 hour long ropes coarse. We still need to decide on the day, but we both think it will be good for us to get out and have some fun. Hopefully we will be able to fit in lunch and make our birthdays this year as special as our kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment