Monday, May 16, 2016

Marbles

With our trip to Hong Kong in the plans for our current school year, I was really hesitant to take any other time off school so that we wouldn't be finishing up the school year too late.  As it turns out, we have done really well on time and have less than 2 weeks left of school.  We have finished up our end of year testing and have already finished up a few school subjects.  But legally we have 8 more days of school left so what do we do?  Go on field trips!

Marbles is our local kids museum.  The last time we went was when Ella was about a week old and I remember carrying her around the whole place.  Lily and Skyler have come here on field trips also while they were in public school.  They've been begging to go so we went!




For the record, Ella had this beautiful bow in her hair before we left for Marbles.  As we were walking from our parking spot into the museum, I noticed she was wearing this Burger King crown.  "Where's your bow?" I asked her.  "I left it at home."  

I have no idea where the crown came from and I haven't been able to stop laughing about it.






My kids have an obsession with all things Peter Pan related.  The #1 thing they were looking forward to was being pirates on the ship!  I think I heard the word "Arrrr!!!" about 21622656 times while they were swabbing the deck.








I admire kids so much because they can randomly meet another kid, ask them to play, and instantly be temporary best friends.  Why aren't adults like this?



Thad quickly figured it out and actually became great at hitting the puck!  Maybe he and Skyler are Carolina Hurricanes in the making!

Thad has a love for Classical Music.  Last week we went on a field trip to see the North Carolina Symphony.  I knew sitting still would be an issue for him so I gave him a notebook and pen.  He held up the pen and swung it around with the music and yelled, "I'm a conductor!"  At Marbles, they had buttons for dancing to different music genres.  He kept hitting the "classical" button and kept yelling, "It's Little Einsteins!!!"



He was so proud of his car.


It scared me how much Ella and Thad enjoyed sawing.  Yikes.






With the symphony and Marbles under our belt, we have a few more field trips to go on.  Brace yourself for more posts!

3 comments:

Manda 'n' Noah said...

First of all i just have to say i'm pleasantly surprised to see you've kept up with blogging! you're amazing as always! second, you're kids are some of the cutest kids on the whole entire planet! i guess that cause you and ben are pretty much adorable as well. and third, i completely agree to the whole kids can ask other random kids to play and be friends short term, i wish i had the ability to do that! but i'm too much of an introvert i suppose. i love you guys!

Becca said...

What an awesome museum! The kids definitely looked like they had a blast.

Unknown said...

Great camera shots, Heather! Looks like a really fun day (and no crowds)--one of the benefits of other kids still being in school? Can't quite imagine the no-crowd thing but I guess that's what you get when you've been in Hong Kong for 23 months. I think we're in for some culture shock when we come home next week!