We have this awesome family in our ward that lives a couple of streets over from us. Their daughters teach swim lessons in their backyard pool each summer. Jane (to the left) is the one who taught both Lily and Skyler to swim. Bekah (to the right) just started teaching this year, which was great because Ella and Thad could practice at the same time while Lily and Skyler played in the deep end.
I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but Thad really doesn't have any fear. He would happily drown himself and has tried several times. He just comes out of the water breathing heavily before he jumps back in and tries drowning himself again. Hence the swim lessons.
This video actually was quite the achievement for Ella. She's much more afraid of the water, but she has all the coordination that Thad still lacks. That little woman has overcome a lot of fear in her two weeks of swim lessons. She went from barely being able to blow a couple of bubbles in the water to swimming. And all of this at a low teenage teacher price. Totally worth it.
Look at how great she's doing!
Thad's jump into the pool -- every single time it makes me laugh.
His coordination isn't quite there yet, but I think after swimming this summer and taking more lessons next year, he'll have it down nicely.
I accidentally took this picture but it is one of my favorites. Thad and his eternal wedgies as I call them.
Bubble-butt.
Thaddeo and Bekah
Ella and Jane
The way Thad always jumps into the water cracks me up every single time.
And this video of Ella always makes me laugh. I'm such a good mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment