Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our Visiting Butlers

This week we had the privilege of having Butlers in our house.  As in Ben's sister's family.  Not actual butlers.  Although that would be cool too.  And I'm banging my head against the wall because I didn't get a picture of Trina or Robert, or, most importantly, Ben and Trina together.  Since some of y'all don't know what Trina looks like, imagine a much prettier, girlier version of Ben and there ya go.  Ben has told me that people have often thought they were twins.

 Twin set #1:  Lily (2 1/2) and Lindsey (4 1/2) 
They're pretty much BFF's now.  Their visit was full of tea parties and decorating Ben's wood project (which was put to GOOD use during this trip) in a very feminine fashion.  I think Lils was relieved to have another girl around.

Side story about Lindsey:  she was just a baby when Ben and I were dating.  I remember pictures of her spending her first Christmas in Samoa with Ben and thinking, "this baby is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen in my life.  And I'm not even related to her.  And I'm not a baby person, either."  So that was saying a lot.  So when Lily was born I thought it was interesting that Lily looked SO similar to Lindsey.  They were cute then and they're still cute now.


 Twin set #2:  Alan (2 1/2, only 3 weeks older than Lily) and Skyler (1 1/2)

Blake (only 5 months younger than Skyler)
You can't see his hair but it's red and curly.  One of my favorite quotes of the week was from Robert:  "Yeah, we have calico kids."


We took the kids out to Krispy Kreme for a little treat and they were oh so delicious.  
Trivia fact of the day: the original Krispy Kreme is located in downtown Raleigh.

We had a blast with Trina and Robert.  We stayed up way too late having fun with games and talking.  They've been living in Alabama for the past few years while Robert has gotten his PhD (oh and did I mention that he's only 10 months older than Ben and he's now a Psychologist?  Ummmm... crazy.)  They're going to be moving to Albuquerque this summer so we're grateful that they were able to squeeze in the visit before they left.  

When we came home from church today Lily was so bummed that they were gone.  She kept saying, "our friends are gone????"  I tried teaching her about what extended family was this week, like how Nanni and Papa, and Grandmum and Pop Pop are family.  And Lily kept saying, "sooooo, they're friends from church????"  We'll work on it.  

Gotta love family.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

There are definitely family resemblances between your kids and Trina's!! What a nice visit!

David & Brenda said...

This post made me happy, happy, happy!

Kristen said...

Love having family come visit! Those are a bunch of cute kids! :)