Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunbeam


How this day came, I have no idea.  But I officially have a child in Primary now.  Meet the world's newest Sunbeam.  Last night I mourned over it (as I do about every milestone, much to Ben's dismay, although he comforts me anyway).  But I put on a really excited face for Lily, despite my true feelings.

It didn't work.

She wanted the toys.  The snacks.  The ability to run around and yell "Yeehaw!!!" on the rocking horse.  Not to mention there are 13 boys and she was the only girl there today.  So not realizing that one day (MANY years down the road) this could really have potential, she broke down and cried.  And Ben had to stay with her the full two hours of Primary.

But, I did get to teach her first sharing time. And if the schedule remains the same, I'll get to teach Skyler's first next year, too.

Why do they have to grow???


Every night before bed we sing a song to them in bed.  And when I say we sing a song, I really mean that we sing 5-10 because they keep begging for more.  Skyler went through a whole month when he was obsessed with "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam."  This was captured two months ago.  Please tune out my key shifts and lame singing and listen solely to The Little Handsome.  This song captures his personality perfectly.

5 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Corbin didn't want to go to primary either, I don't blame em

Becca Meservy said...

Ooooo! Skyler, you are too cute!!!
Love it!!!
I have myself a Sunbeam too - stop growing kids!! :(/:)

David & Brenda said...

Lily's going to make a great Sunbeam when she gets used to it! So excited for her! And Skyler is so sweet. Ah!

Liz Wilcken said...

I wanna see pictures of your house Christmas lights since I see some with Lily in the background. LOVE the movie of Skyler :) Kate was acting all shy watching him, like she has her first crush. ;)

April Bishop said...

LOVE Lily's dress. And great video of Skyler. You'll be super grateful to have that in a few years! Call me sometime and I'll tell you my magic solution to scared, new sunbeams...