Every time I see this picture I always have to sing in my head, "We are a bobsled team!"
We're pretty used to people looking at us like we're stupid. :)
Stay Puft from Ghostbusters.
Anyone who thinks that marriage is 100% work is doing it wrong.
I think that having fun and enjoying each other is just as important as any other aspect of marriage. Ben and I share lots of memories and laughs together.
We often indulge in things that aren't necessities just because. Last year Ben surprised me with a Rascal Flatts ticket at the same time that some of my girlfriends were surprised by their hubbies. In return we surprised our hubbies a few months later with NHL tickets to see the Hurricanes play.
Sometimes we play practical jokes on each other. I have a real hate for any toy that makes noise. I have never once bought one for my kids. They only ever get them as gifts from someone else, and when the batteries die they're not ever replaced. One day I was complaining to Ben about one toy in particular that was driving me CRAZY. The kids kept squeezing it and making it play the same song over and over again and my head was about to explode. Later that night after we had gone to bed and turned out the lights, Ben stuck his hand under my pillow. Immediately that toy's music was blaring through our silent room. About a year later Ben was complaining about the kids zhu zhu pets and their weird little noises. As soon as he mentioned that I smiled and you can guess what he found wheeling over him that night.
But not every single day is awesome. And Ben is a smartypants of a husband because he is always prepared for my low days (they should make a scouting badge out of that. I mean, really, how many of those badges are actually going to come in handy? But surviving marriage.... there's something in that...) He has a hidden stash in our house (no, I really don't know where it is) of Toblerones. When I'm having a rough day he pulls one out for me and my day is that much brighter.
With how many books there are on marriage therapy, it makes me wonder if people sometimes forget about how awesome marriage is, too. Because it has some serious perks and I would NEVER want to go back to being single.
Even if I do get serenaded by a battery-powered toy in bed tonight.


3 comments:
It only increases my joy in giving your children zhu zhu pets if they are making Ben crazy... =) Enjoying your posts. Sweet...
so funny! Marriage is about selflessness! you both are good at that.
Well, April identified her gift...and I think I identified mine. Note to self: Don't give gifts that make noise! Happy noises (even if they were loud and constant) never did bother me; we're all different. I love these posts. How about a quiet gift to dad and me of 365 posts over the next year? I could get addicted to these daily posts! :)
Post a Comment