Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We're having a.....

So.... we had our ultrasound today.

And we found out what we're having!

I thought it was a girl and Ben thought it was a boy.

But of course we had to tell Lily and Skyler first (Ella was napping).  Oh, and my mom was babysitting.  I think her reaction is the best.

Here are their reactions:



Lily was crushed and Skyler was elated.  We weren't surprised by their reactions.  We're still trying to get Lily excited about getting a little brother.  

But how weird is it that growing up I always wanted to have 2 boys and 2 girls and I wanted the genders alternating?  I mean, what are the odds?  And I shouldn't have been stupid enough to guess girl because my sister Becca (who has a 100% perfect record of guessing all the genders of all the grand kids in our family) told me that it was going to be a boy.  Never doubt Becca's abilities, people!

We are excited!  We are looking forward to having a completely balanced (at least gender-wise) family!    Now to pray that Ben and I can choose a name without WWIII erupting.  We do not agree on boy names at all.  Heaven help us. 

6 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

AGhhhhh!!! The movie is NOT working! I wanna see mom's face! Again I suggest the name Elijah Andrew named after his favorite auntie!

Liz Wilcken said...

3rd times the charm. Finally got it to work :) Poor Lily. She'll love him to pieces when he arrives :)

Sarah Baird said...

Yay! A little boy! That is so exciting! I was looking forward to you posting about this.

Nancy@owensolivia said...

I loved Lily's reaction. The dreadful crying and protest she's going to have another brother. ha! Congrats!

Becca said...

All of their reactions were priceless! We're super excited to have another nephew!!! :D

Chrissy said...

Your mom is so, so cute!! Congratulations on a boy! How fun. And Becca is amazing. She should be the "Baby Predicting Whisperer", :).